Big Island Rendezvous Education Days
The Midwest's Finest and Largest Hands-On Early American History Lesson
First Thursday and Friday in October
Bancroft Bay City Park, Albert Lea, Minnesota
Possible presentations you can experience at the Early American History Lesson:
- 1880s Pioneer Town - Be sure to check out the Chuckwagon
- Voyageur Encampment with birch bark canoe showing what the voyageur did in his daily life.
- Military Camp with Civil War era teaches the lifestyles of the country's military.
- Native American areas illustrate traditional teachings of Lakota and Sioux nations. Tipi tours and customs showcased.
- Early American skills such as blacksmiths, woodworkers, farmers, candle maker, silversmith, and spinners and weavers teach how their skills helped make America grow.
- Hands-on stations teach what our American heritage did to shape this country in its early stages.
- When: October 3rd and 4th, 2019 (Thursday or Friday)
- Where: Bancroft Bay City Park, Albert Lea, MN 56007
- Why: Have
students learn their own heritage with history coming
- Learn social and cultural heritage of America through a high impact and hands-on experience.
- Recommended for 4th through 8th grade.
- $8.00 Promotional Rate for Schools and Seniors New to BIR
- $9.00 Early Bird Special *Postmarked by April 30th
- $10.00 per person from May 1st - September 10th
- $12.00 after September 10th
- Same fees apply for chaperones or parents
Big Island Rendezvous and Festival, Inc. actively support the inclusion of all persons into our programs. If you or your participant has any special needs, please contact Perry Vining at 507-402-6371 at least two weeks in advance or ASAP so we may accommodate your needs.
Registration and Scheduling:
Seniors, Public, private, and parochial schools, may schedule their visit for Thursday or Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Home school groups may register beginning at 10am.
indicate on your registration form not only when you would
like to start and end your classes, but also when you will
arrive and when you must leave. Please take into account
travel time and traffic concerns when deciding on your
arrival and departure times. Registration will be on a
first-received basis. Returning your registration promptly
will better ensure that you get the day you prefer,
therefore please return the enclosed materials as soon as
best way to know where the country is going is to know where
There are several ways to register:
Please call 1-800-658-2526 with any questions prior to registering.
Complete the registration form and attach to e-mail for
E-Mail: Complete and e-mail registration to email@example.com
Call: 1-507-373-3938 Speak with the Education Days Coordinator or leave a message through voice mail.
USPS Mail:Complete the form for Seniors, Teachers or Homeschools
Send to: Big Island Rendezvous 1725 West Main Street Albert Lea, MN 56007
Please do not under-estimate the number of people attending the event - be as accurate as possible. You may always add a few people if your actual number is greater than the number noted on your registration form. If the number of participants or adults change (either up or down), a Change of Status Form must be received before September 10th to avoid change fees.
Education Day Presentations
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Gold Panning
- Black Powder Range
- Campfire Cooking
- Candle Making
- Cannon Drill
- Fiber Arts
- Civil Ware Medical
- Fabric Printing
- Folk Music
- Food Preparation
- Fabric Painting
- Hawk Throw
- Hide Preparation
- Homesteading in Early America
- Military Camp
- Native American Lifestyles
- New Ulm Battery Cannon Drill
- Norwegian Immigrant
- Pioneer Town
- Revolutionary War
- Rope Making
- Scottish Lifestyle
- Silver Smithing
- Tipi Set Up
- Voyageur Camp
- Voyageur Storytelling
- Wilderness Survival Techniques